Recipe by Laura Kempt – SA Consultant
250 g brown rice 200g lukewarm water
130 g tapioca starch 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 teaspoons xantham gum 2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt 1 sachet instant yeast
For a sweet bread: increase sugar to 50-100g, replace Olive oil with Macadamia Nut oil, add
2 tsp vanilla essence and 1 tsp cinnamon with the liquid ingredients. Before the kneading
process, add 100g sultanas.
For a savoury bread: begin by crushing 1 clove of garlic and a large handful of fresh herbs
(5-10 sec/speed 8). Remove and thoroughly clean and dry Thermomix bowl before grinding
brown rice. Return the garlic and herb mixture to the bread dough with the liquid ingredients.
· Place brown rice into dry TM bowl and mill for 2 minutes on speed 8.
· Add tapioca starch, sugar, xantham gum and salt and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4.
· Add yeast, water, eggs, cider vinegar and olive oil to TM bowl and mix for 10
seconds on speed 5 or until combined.
· Set dial to closed lid position and knead the dough for 1 minute on Interval Setting.
· Transfer the mixture to a bread tin lined with parchment paper. Allow to rise in a
warm place for up to an hour.
· Place 1500g water in Thermomix bowl. Position Varoma and place risen bread still in
the tin, into the Varoma bowl. Set the Thermomix to Varoma Temp/ 45 minutes/
· When cooked, remove tin from Varoma bowl, allow to cool a little before removing
· Tastes fantastic warm with a little organic butter!
· Store in covered plastic or glass container in fridge. It will dry out a little but is still
tasty and edible for 3-4 days.
· Makes great toast.