From UK Thermomix Demonstrators Delight Cookbook
This is a great favourite in the farmhouse kitchen of Denise and Ian Bell and is very nutritious too. Denise and Ian run Heritage Prime, a biodynamic farm producing award-winning pork, lamb and beef.
• 500 g vegetable stock or water
• several handfuls wild garlic leaves (pick some white wild garlic flowers to garnish the soup too)
• 30 g butter
• 2 welsh onions or 4 large spring onions
• 100 g double cream Wild Garlic
.150 g baking potato, peeled and diced
• coarse salt flakes and ground black pepper
• croutons to serve
1. Weigh 400g of the stock into the TM bowl then add garlic leaves, butter and onions. Mix 10 seconds / Speed 10.
2. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula. Add the potato and chop 10 seconds /Speed 4. Cook 12 minutes / 100°C Speed 1.
3. Check potatoes are cooked properly or they will not blend. Cook longer if necessary. Add cream and remaining stock. Puree at Speed 8 until smooth. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with wild garlic flowers and croutons to finish.
Variation: Make Nettle Soup with the same quantity of nettle tops picked wearing gloves and with the addition of a sprinkling of ground nutmeg added at the potato cooking stage.