Gogetters Presentation from Anne Stanley – VIC Consultant
This extremely refreshing drink is served with sugar syrup on the side. The remaining pulp can be converted into a tangy Marmalade-like jam and used to flavour chicken or fish dishes as well as being spread on toast.
Ingredients – Lime & Mint Soda
• 3 limes – topped, tailed and quartered
• 2 lemons – topped, tailed and quartered
• 500 gms of ice cubes
• 4 cups (approx 50gm) of mint leaves – loosely packed.
• 750ml soda water
• Put 250gms of ice in the TM bowl and grind for 5 seconds on Speed 10.
• Add the lemons and limes to the TM bowl
• Turn the speed dial to the closed lid position and pulse the Turbo button 3-4 time to coarsely chop the lemons and limes.
• Juice the mixture for 20 seconds on Speed 9.
• Add 500 ml of Soda Water to the bowl
• Combine for 10 seconds on Speed 8
• Strain the juice through the steamer basket into a jug. A finer sieve could also be used if required
• Set aside the remaining pulp to make the Marmalade later
• Rinse and dry the bowl
• Add 50 gms of mint leaves to the bowl
• Add 250 gms of ice
• Combine for 5 seconds on Speed 10
• Return the juice to the bowl and add a further 250 ml of Soda Water
• Combine for 10 seconds on Speed 6
• Pour juice into jug and serve with sugar syrup on the side to taste. (See below)
Ingredients/Method – Sugar Syrup
• Place equal quantities of raw sugar and water into the TM bowl
• Cook for 10-20 mins at 80 degrees on Speed 2 or until all the sugar has dissolved
• Pour into serving jug to cool and use to flavour the Lime & Mint Soda
Ingredients/Method – Lime & Lemon Marmalade
• Weigh the Lime and Lemon pulp and return to the TM bowl
• Blend for 30-60 seconds on Speed 6 (optional step)
• Add an equal quantity of raw sugar to the pulp, plus 1 tspn of Agar Agar powder.
• Cook for 20 mins at 100 degrees on Reverse Speed 1-2
• Turn out into sterilised jars and seal immediately.
Recipe contributed by
Anne Stanley – Thermomix Consultant – Vic
“A Taste of Arabia” by Jessie Kirkness Parker