Recipe contributed by Maria Stuart, Chef JGL Victoria
100g dried cranberries
90 g raw sugar
300g pl flour
250g unsalted butter chilled and cubed
1 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar for dusting
• Place nuts and berries in TM Bowl and pulse 3-4 times on Turbo until crushed but still texture – remove from bowl and set aside
• Place sugar in TM Bowl and pulverise for 3 seconds on speed 9
• Return nuts and berries to the TM bowl, as well as flour, butter and vanilla – mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds until a dough has formed
• Remove dough from TM bowl and divide into 3 portions- roll each of these into a sausage shape roughly diameter of 20c piece (on silicone mat is best) then wrap in greaseproof paper and chill in freezer for 20 minutes or fridge for 40 minutes.
• Pre heat oven to 170*c – (fan forced 150*c)
• After dough has chilled, unwrap and cut into rounds approx ½ cm wide – place on lined baking tray (flat one ) and bake for approx 20 minutes
• Remove from oven and rest on tray for 5 minutes dust with icing sugar then transfer to cooling rack.
• Can be dusted with extra icing sugar when cool
Notes – use best quality butter and preferably organic ingredients for outstanding taste and results.
Try using ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom instead of vanilla extract.