Geoff Chapman, Lumiere, Cheltenham
Jo, our pastry chef at Lumiere, is first in line for the TM31 every morning to make these light, delicious rolls for the restaurant. Makes 35 to 40 rolls. They freeze well; reheat about 5 minutes on 200 degrees.
830 g strong flour
500 g water
20 g dried instant yeast or 25 g fresh yeast
50 g olive oil
15 to 25 g fine sea salt, to taste
1. Weigh all the ingredients into the TM.
2. Mix 1 minute/50°C/Speed 3.
3. Knead 4 minutes/Dough Setting. Dough should be silky and elastic and no longer sticky.
4. Place dough in a large bowl, cover bowl with cling film and leave to prove 1 hour or until doubled in size.
5. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on work surface and tease the dough into a long wide rectangle. Cut into 35-40 pieces and place on baking sheets with parchment paper. Leave enough room for them to double in size as they rise, covered in clean tea towels.
6. Spray the rolls lightly with water and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, then rotate tray and bake a further 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.