Posted by Melissa S on the Thermomix Forum from the Canadian Cookbook
To complete the meal, serve steamed rice and some stir-fried vegetables.
• 400g water
• 4 slices fresh ginger, 0.6 cm thick
• 30g Scotch whiskey
• 350g skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 scallions
• 1 piece ginger root (size of garlic clove)
• 2 tbsp. soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. unseasoned rice wine vinegar
• 2tsp. sugar
• 1 tsp. Asian chili oil
• 1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
• fresh chopped cilantro, as garnish
Place water, ginger, and Scotch into the Bowl. Place chicken in the Basket. Place the Basket into the Bowl. Cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on speed 4. Place chicken in a serving dish, and cover. Clean the Bowl. With the Blades running for 10 seconds on speed 7, drop garlic clove, scallions, and ginger into the Bowl through the opening in the Lid. Scrape down sides of the Bowl using the Spatula. Add remaining Sauce ingredients to the Bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 2. Shred chicken with a fork, or slice it. Pour sauce over chicken, and toss. Serve at room temperature garnished with chopped, fresh cilantro.