Recipe by Janine Babauskis
• 300grams of Wild Brown Rice, pre-soaked for 2 hours or overnight
• 100grams of red Quinoa, pre-soaked
• 700grams of water
• 500grams of chicken thigh fillets
• 120grams snowpeas
• 120grams of roasted cashews
• 1/2 teaspoon Szchuan peppercorns (optional)
• 1 knob ginger
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2 chillis, de-seeded
• 45mls toasted sesame oil
• 65m1s tamari
• 25m1s rice vinegar
• Juice of 1 lime 2 cups of bean shoots
• 4 tablespoons tahini 1 medium cucumber, diced
• 1/2 tsp salt 6 spring onions slivered
• 1 tablespoon sugar Cherry tomatoes for decoration
Add water to TM Bowl and steaming basket with drained rice and quinoa. Add chicken to the Varoma and steam for 25 minutes. Add snow peas for the last 2 minutes. Remove rice, quinoa mixture from basket to a bowl ready for dressing and chicken and snow peas onto a plate.
Add cashews to TM Bowl and pulse twice to roughly chop. Set aside.
Add peppercorns and mill, speed 9 for 10 seconds. Add ginger, garlic and chilli to bowl and chop, speed 7 for 4 seconds. Add sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar, tahini, lime juice, salt and sugar and mix, speed 4-5 for 10 seconds.
Reserve three tablespoons of the dressing in TM Bowl for the chicken adding the remainder to the rice and quinoa, gently mixing through. Chop chicken into medium size pieces and add to TM Bowl, and chop on speed 4 for 3 to 4 seconds until it resembles shredded chicken.
On a platter, spread the rice/quinoa mixture and top with the chicken, bean shoots, cucumber, snow peas and tomatoes. Scatter the spring onions and cashews over and serve.