This meal is easy to put together and the steaming produces very tender salmon.
1 litre water
up to 350g basmati rice – 70 g per person
1 tsp sea salt
salmon fillets for 1 to 4 people
1 tsp Tikka paste for each portion of salmon (see note below)
fine green beans, topped and tailed
1. Add water to TM bowl. Insert internal steaming basket.
2. Weigh rice into basket. Add salt on top of rice.
3. Put lid on TM bowl, leaving Measuring Cup off. Rinse the rice 10 seconds/Speed 5.
4. Oil the Varoma lightly before placing the salmon in it, flesh side up. Spread Tikka paste on salmon evenly.
5. Place Varoma on top of TM lid. Put green beans into Varoma tray and cover with Varoma lid.
6. Steam 20 minutes/Varoma Temperature/Speed 3.
Note: There is a recipe for home-made Tikka Paste in the new Fast and Easy Indian Cookbook