Recipe by Cyndi O’Meara
Ingredients – dry
• 110g of brown rice
• 110g of white glutinous rice
• 80g of millet or quinoa
• 140g of Arrowroot or Tapioca flour or Sago
• 40g of Besan Flour or dried chickpeas
• 40g mixed seed of choice (Sesame/Sunflower/Linseed)
• 2 tsp Xanthan gum or Guar gum
• Sachet of dried yeast (7g)
• 1 heaped tsp sea salt
• 20g of Rapadura or raw sugar
Ingredients – wet
• 400g luke warm water (increase to 550g if using sago and dried chickpeas)
• 30g Macadamia nut oil or Olive Oil
• 1tblsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 eggs
Add rice and millet to TM Bowl and mill for 1 minute, speed 8 (include sago and dried chickpeas if using). Add all other dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to TM Bowl, and mix, speed 7 for 6 seconds.
Knead for 25 seconds, and mix for 1 minute, speed 4. (Add 2 Tblsp of water if mixture is too thick to move with the speed)
Leave to prove in a warm place in lined bread tin or on a tray, free form for 20 – 30 minutes
Add seeds to top or drizzle with oil and add seeds.
Bake in oiled bread tin or free form on a tray at 200°C for 30 to 40 minutes, check by inserting a skewer, when clean remove bread from oven. Remove from tin, if crust is soft/damp, place in over up side down and cook for a further 10 minutes. Cool and serve with favourite topping
Recipe taken from ‘Changing Habits Changing Lives – Cyndi O’Meara