John Campbell, The Vineyard at Stockcross
This delicious creamy soup is rich and wonderfully flavourful and the blending in the Thermomix is outstanding. The colour is amazingly fresh and vibrant. Perfect for a dinner party. Makes 2 litres.
2 shallots, peeled, cut in half
10g olive oil
1kg frozen peas (“1.000” on TM display)
100g double cream
1. Add the oil and shallots to the TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula.
2. Cook 4 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
3. Weigh in the frozen peas and milk. Cook 16 minutes/90° C/Speed 3 until the peas are tender.
4. Add the double cream and butter. Blend 2 minutes/Speed 8 until very smooth then scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with the spatula.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute/ Speed 10. Serve hot.
Tip: If you’d like to make this in advance, cool the velouté before chilling in the fridge. Reheat gently when ready to serve – 90° C/Speed 2 for about 10 minutes.