From the UK Thermomix recipe list
This recipe, contributed by Felicity Raines, uses the corn cobs on sale now in farm shops and supermarkets. If you can’t get fresh corn on the cob, you could use good quality frozen corn (but not tinned corn). This is an elegant, delicate soup ideal for a dinner party for 4 or for a family supper. With its beautiful yellow colour and the green chopped chives, it looks stunning served in shallow white bowls.
3 or 4 cobs fresh sweetcorn (250 g cut from the cobs)
30 g unsalted butter
1 medium white or yellow onion, peeled and quartered, about 80 g
350 g water
1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
50 g single cream
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
pinch cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
25 g dry sherry
chopped fresh chives to garnish
1. Take the green papery husks off the sweetcorn cobs and rub off all the silk threads.
2. With a sharp knife cut the sweetcorn from the cob, thoroughly scraping the cob to force out any milky liquid.
3. Chop the onion 10 seconds/Speed 4½. Scrape down the sides of the TM bowl with spatula.
4. Add the butter and cook 6 minutes/100°C/Speed 1, to soften but not colour the onion.
5. Add the sweetcorn and cook 2 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
6. Add the water, stock cube, cream, nutmeg, cayenne and salt and cook 15 minutes/100°C/Speed 1.
7. Purée the soup 30 seconds/Speed 9, then add the sherry and mix 2 seconds/Speed 8.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning if you wish.
9. Serve with a sprinkling of chives and a little grated nutmeg