Recipe by Thermomix Blogger Helene http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/2009/3057/thermomix-tom-ka-gai-soup.html
(a classic Thai recipe adapted for Thermomix)
1000 g. chicken broth (home-made is best, but store-bought will do)
If you don’t have enough stock on hand, just make up the difference with water.
400 g. coconut milk
4 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless is my preference)
4-5 medium mushrooms
1 piece lemon grass
1 thumb-sized piece Galanga
small handful dried chili peppers
small handful Kefir lime leaves
1 tablespoon garlic-chili paste
1 lime (use lemon or bottled lime juice if fresh lime is not available to you)
- Cut and crush seasonings (slice lemon grass and Galanga, crush peppers and lime leaves) as seen in video, to break up fibers and release flavours.
- Put chicken stock and coconut milk into Thermomix bowl.
- Add prepared seasonings to the liquid, with garlic-chili paste.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 100° C on REVERSE speed 2 to begin infusion of flavours. Meanwhile, prepare chicken by cutting into smaller pieces.
- Place basket into Thermomix bowl full of liquid.
- Add chicken pieces to the bowl.
- Cook 10 minutes at 90° C on REVERSE speed 2
- Add chopped mushrooms.
- Again, cook 10 minutes at 90° C on REVERSE speed 2
- Garnish and serve! (Tastes great by itself or with rice.)