Recipe by Macorla from the Forum Thermomix website http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=603.0
(Tortilla de patatas)
- 200 gr onions in quarters
- 100 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 400 gr peeled and sliced potatoes
-100 gr water
- 5 eggs
1. Chop the onions in the TMX bowl for 4 seconds, speed 4
2. Add the olive oil and cook for 7 minutes, Varoma Temperature, speed 1
3. Place the butterflies. Add the sliced (or squared) potatoes , the water and the salt. Cook for 13 minutes, Varoma Temperature, REVERSE Speed 1
4. Take off the butterflies. Place all the stuff of the TMX bowl into the TMX colander (steaming basket) in order to get rid of the liquid (the olive oil and the water). Place the potatoes and onions into a bowl. Reserve
5. Without cleaning the TMX bowl, place the eggs and mix them for 10 seconds, speed 3.
6. Place the beaten eggs into the potatoes bowl, smash a lit a bit with a folk and leave it there for a while (5-10 minutes)
7. You can cook the omelette in a pan, then: put a bit of extra virgin olive oil in a pan until it´s a bit hot (moderate- I have induction and I put at mark 5 or 6 maximum) , place all the stuff of the bowl into the pan, cook for 5 minutes or so, stirring from time to time so that the omelette doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Once the bottom of the omelette has set, turn the heat down low and cover the pan. Turn the omelette by placing either a flat plate or saucepan lid on the frying pan and quickly turning over. Continue frying this side for about 5 minutes at moderate mark too.
If you don´t want to cook the omelette in a pan, you can do it in the Varoma tray. Clean the TMX bowl after you beat the eggs, place 500 grs water and boiled for 3 minutes at Varoma Temperature, speed 1. Put the beaten eggs with the potatoes into individual small containers that can go into the Varoma tray. Cook them for 10 minutes at Varoma Temperature, speed 1.