(Adapted from http://www. abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txts1949896.htm) by Laura Kempt SA Consultant
Ingredients for pastry
110g brown rice ½ tsp paprika
110g sweet glutinous rice ½ tsp dry mustard
200g arrowroot flour ¼ tsp garlic powder
80g cornflour ¼ tsp onion powder
1 tsp xanthan gum ½ tsp pepper
1 tsp gelatine 250g cream cheese, cut into chunks
1 tbs salt 150 g butter, cubed and kept cold
· Place brown rice and sweet glutinous white rice into a dry TM bowl and mill for 2
minutes on speed 8.
· Add arrowroot, cornflour, xanthan gum, gelatine, salt and dry spices and mix for 5
seconds on speed 4.
· Add cream cheese and butter. Mix for 10-15 seconds on speed 6 to achieve a soft
· Tip mixture into a bowl and cover, refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
· Divide mixture into 8 even pieces- take one piece at a time and place between two
sheets of baking paper. Roll out to approximately 3mm thickness.
· Use a saucer as a template to cut out circles in the dough.
· Divide filling into eights. Place filling onto the bottom of each pastry round. Pull the
top half over to encase the filling. Pinch edges together with the tips of a fork.
· Be patient, handle the pastry gently to avoid cracking.
· Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180ºC.
1 small onion, peeled and cut in half
1 tsp vegetable stock concentrate (made in TM)
20 g olive oil
2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 carrot, peeled, cut in thirds
Freshly ground pepper to taste
50g tasty cheddar, grated (optional)
· Chop onion for 5 seconds on speed 8. Use spatula to scrape the onion back down to
the bottom, add oil and stock concentrate. Sauté for 1 minute on speed 1 at 100º.
· Put remaining ingredients into the bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 5. Turn out
into a bowl, add grated cheese if using, making sure mixture is well incorporated.
Divide mixture into 8 portions.