Recipe by Laura SA Consultant
GF MACADAMIA, ROSEMARY AND ORANGE BISCOTTI
150g brown rice
200g raw sugar
150g white glutinous rice
200g arrowroot flour
3 strips orange rind
1 small sprig rosemary
1 tsp xanthan gum
150g macadamia nuts
1 tsp GF baking powder
· Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
· Remove white pith from orange rind, strip leaves off rosemary sprig. Place into TM
bowl with the raw sugar and mill for 10 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
· Place macadamias into TM bowl and press Turbo button briefly, three times to
achieve a course grind.
· Place brown rice and sweet glutinous white rice into a dry TM bowl and mill for 2
minutes on speed 8.
· Add arrowroot, cornflour, baking powder, xanthan gum and eggs and mix
for 5 seconds on speed 4.
· Divide the mixture in half. Form 2 long logs about 25cm long x 5cm wide and place
on a lined baking tray, leaving space between logs. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the
dough is firm to the touch and slightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to
cool completely (about an hour).
· Preheat the oven to 140°C.
· Once dough is cool, use a small serrated knife to cut each log on the diagonal in 1cm
· Lay slices flat on the baking tray and return to oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once,
until completely dried out. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in
an airtight container for 2-3 weeks or freeze until needed.
· Use any of your favourite nut/spice combinations in these biscuits e.g. brazil nut and
coffee, almond and cinnamon, cashew and cardamom, pecan and maple syrup,
hazelnut and cranberries, pistachio and ginger, pine nut and lemon, dark chocolate